Administrative Assistant performs general secretarial and administrative support to a group or team of client serving personnel. This individual collects, compiles and analyzes moderately complex data and information; and follows up on, or requests information from, other Plant Shops or external representatives to communicate supervisors' instructions or to satisfy ongoing report needs. The Administrative Assistant also serves as a facilitator who may coordinate deadlines and either handle them directly, or through others, handle project coordination and completion.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for but not limited to processing and tracking department expenses. Maintaining and updating documentation as needed. Manage calendars and schedules, schedule meetings. Manage and fulfill requests for information from outside parties.
" Must be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
" Proficient with Skype for Business and Outlook
" Proficient with SharePoint
" Needs the ability to learn new software quickly
" Strong written and verbal communication skills
" Excellent organizational skills
" Attention to detail and follow up skills required
" Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor required
" 1-4 years' experience as an Administrative Assistant
" Must have experience in budget and financial tracking
" Must have experience in procurement, requisitions, and order tracking
" Experience in processing departmental monthly bills for payment
" Knowledge of Information Systems Terminology (Personal Computers, Peripherals, Mobile Devices, etc.) is +++
" Associate Degree in Business is +++ for position
Responsibilities may include:
1. Calendar/Travel/Meeting Coordination:
2. Establishes a systematic method for self and others to track time commitments and the completion of tasks; coordinates and makes arrangements for conferences, meetings and events.
3. Working proficiency in use of automated calendar management tools (e.g., Outlook calendar) with minimal to no guidance.
4. Effectively utilizes client travel and meeting policies and procedures to complete all aspects of travel and meeting arrangements and ensures accuracy.
5. May advise or train others on calendar management tools when requested.
6. May assist with coordination of large client engagement meetings.
7. Document Preparation Management: Formats and edits letters, reports, and all other correspondence from draft stage to client-ready work; adheres to record retention policies and procedures, and follows an organized filing/document management process for electronic and paper documents.
8. Develops and edits business documents from information provided with minimal guidance.
9. Maintains an awareness of and applies new firm guidelines that impact deliverables.
10. Maintains and organizes documents on file servers in compliance with document retention policy.
11. Identifies and develops relationships with key internal and external client contacts gaining recognition as a business partner/resource.
12. Working knowledge of internal financial coding structure and client billing process, including analysis and reconciliation of financial data.
13. May populate databases (document repositories) with knowledge objects, client deliverables, etc.